The Wyoming State Engineer’s Office is looking for a Deputy State Engineer, who will report directly to the State Engineer and act as a delegate in areas relating to Wyoming water law, water administration and agency representation. This is an At-Will position and is appointed by the State Engineer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Provides administrative oversight of records management and on-going operations located in the Cheyenne office. Manages the daily operations of the agency in the absence of the State Engineer.
- Participates in formulation of agency policy.
- Supervises preparation of agency annual reports and participates in budget preparation.
- Represents State Engineer in his absence and attends meetings as his delegate, when required.
- Represents agency at public meetings, forums, symposiums and local, state and federal government and private sector work groups.
- Communicates with constituents and interest groups.
- Coordinates review of state, federal and other agency documents, along with Interstate Streams Division, establishing agency positions when necessary.
- Responds to constituent contacts.
- May represent the agency, or the State of Wyoming, on interstate issues.
- Supervises the agency’s fiscal operations.
For further information, including how to apply, please click here.