On October 26, 2021, the Western Regional Partnership (WRP) hosted a Western Water Security webinar on Groundwater-Surface Water Interface. Speakers from Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Utah offered different perspectives on the interconnectivity between surface water and ground water, legal treatment of groundwater and surface water, surface water shortages and their impact on ground water recharge, and best practices for aquifer storage and recovery and recharge.
The webinar was recorded and is available at https://bah16f18.adobeconnect.com/peajshddahqt/
The PowerPoint presentation is available here.
• AZ: Jennifer Heim, Deputy Counsel, Arizona Department of Water Resources
• CA: Dr. Maurice Hall, PE, Associate VP, Ecosystems – Water, Environmental Defense Fund
• CO: Tracy Kosloff, Deputy State Engineer, Colorado Division of Water Resources
• NM: Dr. Bruce M. Thomson, Regents Professor of Civil Engineering at the University of New Mexico
• NV: Jon Benedict, Hydrogeologist, Nevada Division of Water Resources, Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
• UT: Jim Reese, Assistant State Engineer for our Technical Services Section, Department of Natural Resources, Division of Water Rights