WIDS Spring Meeting – January 2019
Meeting Summary: The WIDS group discussed the cloud survey results and report. An update on WaDE-Phase II was given. Upcoming conferences and meetings were reviewed. The group agreed to have quarterly calls, and possibly host a series of “mini-WIMS” over the fall-winter season to cut down on the WIMS “firehose.”
- Sara will send PowerPoint, meeting materials, and any conference information
- When the government shutdown ends, and preliminary WIMS plans resume, Sara will get in touch with location/date, draft agenda, etc.
- Offline discussion of private capture, intellectual property rights and pricing for cloud vendors, including ESRI – WSWC/CDWR/NASA?
- WIDS Mtg. PowerPoint
- WSWC Use of Cloud Computing Technology & Platforms Survey & Report
- WSWC Github Repository for WaDE Schema – Phase II
- WSWC Western Water Use Case Repository (so far CA, TX, and WSWC submissions)
Upcoming Data-Related Conferences